In my first travel gadgets review blog, I will be reviewing the Mighty Bright Miniflex book light. Specifically, I test its suitability as a travel gadget.
I did hours and hours of research to find the best product. (yes, I love to do investigative research and analysis to make sure I buy the right product – I hate wasting money).
The two main complaints I read was that the battery didn’t last long and that they easily broke.
The important factors I was looking for was:
- Small enough to take travelling.
- Sturdy enough to not break in my bag.
- Bright enough that I could actually read my book or write in my travel diary.
The best brand
The brand that won hands down was Mighty Bright. I found that they had the least amount of negative review comments. Not one review I read mentioned anything about the product breaking on them.
The model I chose is the Mini Flex rather than their Travel Flex model. The features I like about Mini Flex are:
- Has a wide sturdy base clip to grip a wider part of the book cover or page. It was for this reason alone that I chose this model instead of their Travel Flex model. The Travel Flex has a narrower base but the overall size of the book light is smaller than the Mini Flex. Choose what is more important to you.
- You can place the base of the clip on a table and acts like a lamp if you wish to write. In contrast, you're not able to do this with the Travel Flex.
- Flexible but strong gooseneck.
- One LED light.
Mighty Bright offer other models that have 2, 3 or 5 LED lights. However, bear in mind, it increases the size and weight of the product (requires more batteries). The aim is to always pack as light as possible.
Plus a few of the reviewers stated that there wasn’t any difference in light emitted between 1 and 2 LED lights.
My Analysis of the Mighty Bright Miniflex
I used the product for 6 months, for approximately one week a month in which I used it nightly for that week.
TG Tip: Always keep your books and diaries in a plastic bag or folder. It protects them from leaking water bottles!
big thumbs up
Which colour will you choose - silver, black, purple???
Click on image below.
AVOID BEING CAUGHT OUT
Book your own holiday online using the most trusted travel websites.
Download the "Best Travel Websites Guide" today.